The importance of Goal-Setting is often underestimated by most professionals. In today’s fast changing and fast-paced business climate, the ability to set objective, realizable and powerful goals has become essential. Goal setting is not exclusively a workplace skill. Our lives move in the direction of the goals we achieve which makes goal setting a much needed life skill.
This Goal Setting for Life Mastery Course will challenge participants to critical evaluate their current attitude and approach to goal setting with the aim of building their capacity to formulate, prioritize, and accomplish their personal, professional and organizational goals.
A Harvard Business Study of the 1979 graduation class revealed that of the general population of graduating students:
- 84% did not set any goals at all
- 13% set written goals but have no concrete plans
- 3% of the class had both written goals and concrete plans
The beauty really is not in the statistics but it is in the results. The result of the study revealed that after 10 years, 13% of the class that had set written goals but had not created plans, were making twice as much as the 84% that had set no goals at all. The Juicy part of the result was that the 3% of the class that had both written goals and a plan were making 10 times as much as the rest of the 97% of the class.
Whether the tasks are job related and life related with goal setting you can get to be on the 3% that achieves 10 times more than your colleagues and contemporaries.
This course will work you through the using the coaching T-GROW Guide to set and achieve goals around the 12 critical areas of life.